Author Archive

See the Curlewis Bank Race Page for race documents

Pelican Race Geelong Tomorrow!
Late Entry still available.
** Special Offer for Cruising Division (No Spinnakers) **
** Late Entry for normal entry fee – only $35 **
Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions and a Change to Sailing Instructions available on the Pelican Race Geelong Page

New for 2017, the Pelican Race Geelong to be held on Saturday 18th November is the new Signature Race for Geelong Trailable Yacht Club and part of the Victorian Trailable Yacht Traveller Series.

Notice of Race and details now available on the Pelican Race Geelong Page

The 2017 Cluster Cup Race will be held on Saturday 2nd September 2017

Race Documents are available on the Cluster Cup Page

Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions now available on the Steamboat Cup page.

Issued on 9th January, Notice of Change to Sailing Instructions available on Q2G page detailing changes to start times and finish line.

The Queenscliff to Geelong (Q2G) Race has been postponed to Saturday 14th January 2017.  Updated Notice of Race and Sailing Instruction documents now available on the Q2G page.

Note that there are some changes apart from relevant dates. In summary, they are
– Different phone number if you are retiring from the race.
– Deletion of the West Cardinal Mark in Corio Bay (details in SI)

Due to the strong winds forecast for Sunday 30th October, the Queenscliff to Geelong Race is postponed to Sunday, 13th November.

Club races which were to be held on 13th November are cancelled.

Changes to Q2G Sailing Instructions will be made available from the Q2G page.

GTYC Opening Day and Seniors Sailing has been rescheduled for this SATURDAY 8th October instead of Sunday due to another strong wind forecast for Sunday.

10:00 AM Briefing/sign-on in the car park
10:00 AM Sailpast
11:00 AM Sternchaser – First boat
12:15 PM BBQ (BYO) lunch near Coast Guard
1:30 PM Seniors Sailing

Please bring your boat down and support the Senior’s Sailing afternoon. We have many Seniors registered and the more boats we have, the easier it will be to get everyone out for a sail.

We generally pick up new members from Senior Sailing days so this is an important event for our club and its future.


Due to strong wind forecast for Sunday 2nd October:
GTYC Senior’s Sailing Day Postponed to next Sunday afternoon, 9th October.
GTYC Short Series Race 1 has been cancelled.